Tuesday 1 January 2013

My shell..

I remember just yesterday,
I sat in the corner of the hall,
watching the dancers,watching all,
listening to the romantic music as if in a trance,
wondering when, oh when, it wud be my chance!
I remember feeling so alone and so lost,
as if for love I'd bear any cost...
Always the music stayed in my heart..
always thinking it wud never part.
praying earnestly for someone to love me dear...
being alone left alone that was my fear.
and then when I did fall in love,
the music just slipped away.
l forgot to sing , I forgot to pray,
today as I sit alone here in my bed,
I am confronted by the same loneliness I once dread
and all of a sudden the music just flows...
into this heart which is set aglow...
now I realise that I am happier this way...
alone in my shell thts where I will always stay....


- fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment