Tuesday 1 January 2013

An ode to a great man:

stick in hand he walked,
but he was not bent with age,
there was authority when he talked,
the whole world was his stage,
I never knew him on the battlefield,
I was a baby then,
I only met him when, in college he was my LG and my friend,
2 meetings was all it took for me to fall in love,
with this mighty guardian whom GOD sent from above.
though all alone he stayed,he had not the slightest care.
the person who was brave enough 2 challenge deaths ugly stare.
6 times the operating lights he faced,
6 times emerged unscathed beaming wit grace,
still inspiring and full of life,
alas death has finally claimed her prize,
and though my heart is broken thus,
to lose a hero soo robust,
I will always remember thee,
ever smiling,sparkling eyes full of glee!!
 - fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment